The Saint John Police Force is committed to working with the community for a safer Saint John.
Off-duty Police Officers can be hired to provide a police presence at various events:
• Vehicle Escorts
• Sporting events
• Community events
• Private functions
Requests for paid duty Officers shall be transmitted electronically via the Saint John Police Force website.
Requests shall be made 15 business days prior to the event.
Rates of Officers
Sergeant $100.00 plus tax
Constable $89.00 plus tax
Vehicle $150.00 plus tax per occurrence and officer
Terms and Conditions
Where a request is received without a minimum of ten (10) working days notice,a $50.00 administration fee will be assessed to the requesting organization or agency.
There is a three (3) hour minimum requirement for extra duty assignments.
Every event is unique; therefore, the Chief of Police or his designate will make the final decision concerning:
• The acceptance or refusal of the request
• The number of officers to be assigned to the event
• The number of supervisors to be assigned
• The time when members will commence their extra duty responsibilities
The coordinator will contact the user within forty-eight (48) hours of the initial request with the following information:
• The acceptance or rejection of the request, including reasons for the decision;
• If the request is accepted; the conditions of the assignment, including the number of officers, supervisors, and the starting time of the assignment;
• The cost of the assignment, including an administrative fee of $5 per member assigned;
• Penalties will be charged to the user in the event of cancellation less than ten (10) days prior to the event. The penalty will be equal to the administration fee and one (1) hour pay for each member requested.
• In the event the user cannot or will not accept the conditions established by the Chief of Police, the request will be rejected.
A member attending an extra duty will perform the function normally expected of an on duty peace officer.