If you are witnessing a crime in progress, call 911 immediately!
If you have witnessed a crime, or are the victim of a crime, that is not an emergency, you can call the police non-emergency phone number, (506) 648-3333, or visit the police station and speak with an officer directly. The Saint John Police Force takes all incidents reported to them seriously and will do their best to resolve the matter. Any information you provide about an incident may help the police solve that or other crimes.
Be prepared to provide as much information as possible, including:
- Your name, address, birthdate, home, work, and cell phone numbers.
- The name, birthdate, and contact information of anyone else involved in the incident
- Physical description of suspects (e.g., height, weight, hair and eye colour, clothing description)
- Description of property that was stolen or damaged
- Description of vehicle and plate number
Remember, by reporting criminal activity to the police, you are helping make your community a safer place to live, work, and play.