Enter one or more keywords in the form below to search the City of Saint John’s website, news and notices, calendar, and documents
Moving to Saint John
Growing a Business
Here to help
Parking Bans Hourly and Daily Parking Monthly Parking Tickets and Enforcement
Snow Removal Construction and Maintenance
Parks and Trails Playgrounds and Splashpads Sports Fields and Courts Facilities Recreation P.R.O. Kids
Hosting an Event Funding Program
Schools Community Centres and Meeting Places Community Resources History Farmers' Markets Libraries
Animal Control By-Law Enforcement Police Force Fire Department Emergency Management Organization
Curbside Pickup Bulky Items Hazardous Waste
Drinking Water Wastewater Treatment
Council and Committees
Awards, Grants, Incentives, and Donations
Corporate Plans and Projects
Planning, Building, and Infrastructure
Permits, Licenses, and Service Requests
Personal Information and Privacy
Rates and Finances
Tenders and Proposals
Mayor and Councillors City Departments Social Media Directory
Visiting Saint John
Tenders and Procurement
Applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, March 20th, 2023. Before completing this application, please read the City’s Arts and Culture Policy, Council Priorities, and the Community Arts Funding Program Spring/Summer Guidelines for the awarding of funding set out in this application.
Please review this form to ensure you have all materials and documents required as the form will not save your progress if you exit the page prior to submitting
Registered Nonprofit organizations incorporated in New Brunswick and located in The City of Saint John are eligible for Community Arts Board funding. If the applicant is an unincorporated nonprofit, an eligible organization must accept funding on their behalf and partner with them on the project.
If this is a joint request, please fill out the following information about the partnering organization(s):
In the space provided, please describe your project or festival (preferably 400 words or less). This description will be used for our jury process and communication purposes. You may attach other relevant information that you believe supports or further explains your application. This information may be e-mailed.
1. All projects must be completed in accordance with approved timetables and, in any event, by
October 1st 2023.
2. Grants cannot be awarded retroactively.
3. The same project will not necessarily be supported in any succeeding year.
4. Grants are to be used only for their intended purpose. Any recipient that uses funds improperly,
ceases operation, or knowingly provides false information must promptly repay the grant.
5. If the scope of your project must change due to Public Health protocol, please contact the Arts and
Culture Coordinator to advise.
6. The recipient must keep and maintain all records, invoices, and receipts relating to the project
and allow the Board and City to inspect and make copies of all such records.
7. The recipient must consent to the release by the Board and the City of the information about the
project and the amount awarded.
8. The recipient must comply with all City by-laws and all other applicable laws and regulations
and is responsible for obtaining all necessary permits and approvals at its expense.
9. Neither the City of Saint John nor the Saint John Community Arts Board is liable for any
damages, injury, and/or loss of revenue as a result of any grant being awarded or as a result of
the project being undertaken and shall not be held out as a partner or agent of the recipient or
otherwise responsible for any obligation related to the recipient or the project.
10. The recipient will acknowledge (in approved manner) the support of the City of Saint John in
all publicity and programs relating to the project. The Community Arts Board logo and City of Saint
John is available for inclusion on posters and in programs. Please contact the Arts and Culture
11. The recipient must provide a report to the Board within two (2) months of completion of the
project, outlining the outcome of the project and all revenue and expenditures. Failure to submit a
post-event report will deem the applicant ineligible for funding in the next calendar year.We have read the general terms and conditions set out above and in the Program Guide of the
Community Arts Funding Program, and we accept and agree to abide by all such terms and
Please submit this application with all necessary documents no later than 4:00 p.m., Monday March 20th, 2023.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED LATER THAN 4:00 PM Monday March 20th, 2023 WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED