Alerts and Notifications Disclaimer:
By registering for alerts and notifications on this website, I hereby acknowledge and agree that it is necessary for me to provide the following personal information to The City of Saint John (the “City”): my email address, my telephone number(s) and [ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WOULD BE REQUIRED/COLLECTED] (collectively, the “Personal Information”). I hereby acknowledge and agree that my Personal Information will be used by the City and its affiliated emergency measures organizations and agencies, boards and commissions, as the case may be, to provide me with updates regarding a range of matters, including emergency alerts, boil water orders and other matters of concern or public interest that the City deems, in its sole discretion, to be sufficient to contact me. I understand that at no time and in no circumstances will my Personal Information be used by the City for purposes other than those described above nor will it be sold or otherwise provided to third parties other than pursuant to the above-noted terms. By proceeding with registration for alerts and notifications on this website, I hereby provide my informed consent respecting the use of my Personal Information as described more fully above and in accordance with the terms of the Right to Information and Protection of Privacy Act. I understand that the City will take reasonable steps to protect my Personal Information; however, I hereby acknowledge and agree that should my Personal Information fall into the hands of an unauthorized third party despite the reasonable steps taken by the City, as mentioned above, that I shall have no claim, complaint or cause of action against the City. Should I later decide to unsubscribe to alerts and notifications on this website, I can do so at any time by clicking on the UNSUBSCRIBE link at the bottom of any City of Saint John email alert or notification. By unsubscribing, my Personal Information will be deleted from the alerts and notifications database of the City.
Right to Information and Personal Information: The Right to Information and Protection of Privacy Act
The Right to Information and Protection of Privacy Act (the “RTIPPA”) was enacted by the Province of New Brunswick in 2009 and came into effect as it relates to municipalities in 2011. The RTIPPA allows you access to information held by the City. You have a right to request any record in the custody or control of the City, which includes records containing your personal information. The RTIPPA provides a defined process for requesting records and sets out exemptions, both mandatory and discretionary, which may be invoked to justify the withholding of a requested record or part thereof. The RTIPPA can be found at this link.
Start with an Informal Request
As part of its proactive disclosure efforts, the City makes a significant amount of information publically available on its website. We recommend you begin by consulting the City’s website or making an informal request. You may make an informal request by consulting the service area that you think might have the information. In this regard, you may find the Customer Service A-to-Z Directory of some assistance in identifying the appropriate service area. You may also wish to contact the main Customer Service line at (506) 649-6000.
Make an RTIPPA Request
If you are unable to access the information you are seeking by way of an informal request, then file a formal RTIPPA Request with the Common Clerk’s Office using the form found at this link. The RTIPPA requires the City to respond to your RTIPPA Request within 30 days of receipt. If your RTIPPA Request is complex or involved, we may extend the response time by another 30 days subject to providing notice to you under the terms of the RTIPPA. As noted above, your RTIPPA Request will be examined subject to the mandatory and discretionary exemptions set out in the RTIPPA, which may provide a basis for refusing part or all of a particular record or records.
If you disagree with the manner in which your RTIPPA Request is dealt with by the City (for example, you disagree with the application by the City of a mandatory or discretionary exemption), you may file a complaint with the Office of the Integrity Commissioner or a referral to the Court of Queen’s Bench of New Brunswick. For more on these processes, please visit the following link: Review Process
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF WEBSITE
This website is provided by The City of Saint John (the “City”) conditional on your acceptance of the terms and conditions of use set out below (“Terms and Conditions”). By accessing, reading and making use of this website, you agree, on your own behalf and on behalf of any entity on whose behalf you may be acting, to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. If you do not wish to be bound by the Terms and Conditions, you should not use this website.
CHANGES TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The City may add to or remove, modify or otherwise change any part of the Terms and Conditions at any time. Changes will be effective when the changed Terms and Conditions are posted on this website. You should check the Terms and Conditions frequently for changes by checking the date of “Last Update” at the top of this document. If any change to the Terms and Conditions is not acceptable to you, you should discontinue your use of this website immediately. Your continued use of this website after changes to the Terms and Conditions are posted thereon will constitute acceptance of the changes.
CHANGES TO THIS WEBSITE
The City may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this website at any time without notice. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the City may change the availability of any features, institute new, or change existing, fees or charges for the use of the website or any features thereof, add, remove, modify or otherwise change any contents on this website, impose limits on certain features or restrict access to parts or all of this website. The City reserves the right, but not the duty, to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of this website at any time without notice.
OWNERSHIP AND USAGE
Copyright © The City of Saint John (unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.
The contents of this website may not be transmitted, transcribed, reproduced, stored or translated into any other form without the prior written permission of the City, unless specifically provided for as follows. In particular, the City permits you to display the content of this website on your computer and to print, download and use the underlying HTML, text, audio clips, video clips and other content available to you on this website provided that,
- this is for your personal education or your own professional business with respect to the services provided by the City;
- you do not modify the content of this material; and
- you include with and display on each copy the copyright notice.
No other use of this website is permitted. Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, you may not make commercial use of the content of this website, include the content of this website in or with any product that you create or distribute or copy the content of this website onto your own or another’s website.
Some of the content on this website may be subject to the copyright of another source. There may be additional restrictions on the reproduction of such content. Details concerning copyright ownership and any special restrictions on reproduction are indicated on the relevant page(s) of this website and they should be observed.
The logo of The City of Saint John (“Logo”) is a trademark owned by the City.
All other trademarks, trade names or service marks mentioned on this website are the property of their respective owners.
If you want to link to this website, you may do so, provided you agree to the link conditions described below (“Link Conditions”):
1. If you link to this website, your website,
- may not imply that the City is endorsing you or your products or services;
- may not imply an affiliation between the City and you or any entity on whose behalf you may be acting without the prior written consent of the City;
- may not misrepresent your relationship with the City or present false or misleading impressions about the City or its services; and
- may not contain content that may be interpreted as distasteful or offensive.
2. The City shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website.
3. The City may at any time, in its sole discretion, immediately terminate your right to link to this website, with or without cause. If the City exercises this right, you will immediately remove all links to this website.
4. The City may amend these Link Conditions at any time. You agree to abide by these Link Conditions and the other Terms and Conditions on this website, as amended from time to time. By establishing a link to this website, you will be deemed to have agreed to these Link Conditions.
USE OF LOGO AS LINK ANCHOR BY LICENSEES
A licensee of the City may use the Logo, as a link anchor to link to this website, on the website of the professional business of the licensee provided the licensee agrees to the conditions described below (“Use of Logo Conditions”):
1. If a licensee uses the Logo as a link anchor to this website, the licensee shall not,
- adopt, use, register or attempt to register anywhere in the world any logo or mark confusingly similar to the Logo;
- do or cause to be done any act or thing, directly or indirectly, contesting or in any impairing the City’s right, title or interest in the Logo;
- alter the Logo in any manner, including proportions, colours, elements, etc., or animate, morph or otherwise distort its perspective or two-dimensional appearance;
- use the Logo in a manner which displays it in a negative or disparaging manner;
- use the Logo as a predominate feature, displaying the Logo larger or more prominently than other company logos;
- use the Logo as a feature or design element of any other logo or any other name or trademark;
- use the Logo to imply that the City is endorsing the licensee or any of the licensee’s products or services;
- use the Logo to imply that the City sponsors , is affiliated or is associated with the licensee;
- use the Logo to misrepresent the licensee’s relationship with the City; or
- use the Logo to present false or misleading impressions about the City or its services.
2. The following notice shall accompany the Logo on the page of the licensee’s website where the Logo appears:
The logo of The City of Saint John is a trademark owned by the City.
- The City disclaims any warranties that may be expressed or implied by law regarding the Logo, including warranties against infringement.
- The licensee agrees to indemnify the City from and against all claims and liabilities arising out of the licensee’s use of the Logo.
- The City shall have no responsibility or liability for use of the Logo by the licensee.
- The City may at any time, in its sole discretion, immediately terminate the licensee’s use of the Logo as a link anchor, with or without cause. If the City exercises this right, the licensee will immediately remove the Logo from the licensee’s website.
- The City may amend these Use of Logo Conditions at any time.
By using the Logo as a link anchor, the licensee will be deemed to have agreed to these Use of Logo Conditions.
WEBSITES LINKED TO THIS WEBSITE
Certain websites may be linked to this website. Not all of these links may have been permitted by the City. Regardless of whether a link has been permitted by the City, the City is not responsible for the contents of any website that is linked to this website. The City makes no representations or warranties, and does not endorse, any website that is linked to this website, the contents of any such website, the information appearing on any such website or any of the products or services described on any such website. The fact that a website is linked to this website does not imply that the City sponsors, endorses or is affiliated or associated with the entity that owns or is responsible for the website.
Certain links on this website may take you to other websites. The City provides these links only as a convenience. The City is not responsible for the contents of any linked website. The City makes no representations or warranties regarding, and does not endorse, any linked website, the contents thereof, the information appearing thereon or any of the products or services described thereon. Links do not imply that the City sponsors, endorses or is affiliated or associated with the entity that owns or is responsible for any linked website. If you decide to visit any linked websites, you will do so at your own risk.
Any use of or reliance on this website, the contents of this website or the information provided through this website shall be at your sole risk. The City makes no representation or warranty of any kind regarding this website, the contents of this website or the information provided through this website, all of which are provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The City expressly disclaims all representations, warranties, conditions and endorsements as to the operation of this website, the contents of this website or the information provided through this website. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the City makes no warranty as to the accuracy, quality or completeness of the contents of this website or information provided through this website, nor to merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, nor to title or non-infringement, nor to the absence of any software virus or other harmful component. The City does not warrant that this website or the delivery, hosting and ancillary services or facilities of third party suppliers utilized by the City will continue to operate, will operate without interruptions or will be error-free.
None of the information provided on this website or provided through this website is provided as legal or other advice and it shall not be relied upon as such.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no circumstances shall the City, its benchers, officers or employees be responsible or liable for any loss or damages whatsoever, including (without limiting the generality of the foregoing) any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, arising from or in connection with your use of, access to or your reliance on, or your inability to use or access, this website, any contents of this website, any information provided through this website, any external links on this website, any website linked to this website, or any contents thereof, any website linking to this website, or any contents thereof, or any delivery, hosting and ancillary services or facilities of third party suppliers utilized by the City. The City is not responsible and assumes no liability for third party contents of this website or third party information provided through this website.
This website is controlled by the City from its offices within the Province of New Brunswick in Canada. This website can be accessed from all provinces and territories of Canada, as well as from other countries around the world. As each of these jurisdictions has laws that may differ from those of the Province of New Brunswick, all matters relating to access to, or use of, this website or any website linked to this website, shall be governed by the laws of the Province of New Brunswick and the laws of Canada applicable therein.