The City of Saint John is an organization where you can both grow your career and make a difference in your community. The City offers a competitive salary, a pension and benefits package, a wide range of challenging career choices, and a respectful, diverse, safe, and healthy workplace.
The City of Saint John has more than 800 employees working across many different departments, including the Saint John Police Force. We take pride in providing excellence in service to our citizens, avenues for growth in our region, and innovative solutions for the community.
If you're committed to customer service and want to learn, grow, and innovate, then the City of Saint John wants to talk to you!
Engineers and Technologists
Finance and Accounting
Inspectors and Regulatory Officers
Labourers and Equipment Operators
Leadership & Management
Recreation and Sports
Trades including Mechanics, Carpentry, Plumbing and Welding
Water and Wastewater
How to Apply:
Click on Apply Now to see current opportunities available. To apply, first create a profile that includes your education, experience, and skills, and upload a recent resume and any other supporting documents. This information will be confidential to the City of Saint John and will not be shared. The City does not accept applications in person, via fax, email, or by post.
If you require assistance with your application, or accommodations for your interview, please contact us directly at email@example.com or 506-658-2866.
Qualified individuals interested in a rewarding and challenging career with the Saint John Fire Department are invited to apply for Holiday Relief Fire Fighter (HRFF) positions when posted here. HRFFs are casual, full-time employees who fill in for our regular Fire Fighters as needed. They’re required to work shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays and may be called in on short notice.
- Minimum of grade 12 education or equivalent
- Firefighter Level I & II (IFSAC or Pro Board Accredited)
- Valid driver's license. A minimum of Class 5 is required. Successful candidates will be required to obtain Class 3E within 6 months of employment
- Hazardous Materials for First Responders Operations Level (IFSAC or Pro Board)
- Medical First Responder with CPR - Certified within the last year
How to apply
When recruitment is open, applicants must submit a resume as well as the following documents:
- Copy of high school diploma and related post-secondary education
- Copy of current certification of NFPA fire certifications 1001 Level I & II Firefighter: (IFSAC or Pro Board Accredited )
- Copy of current Medical First Responder & CPR certification
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Security clearance from your local police headquarters
- Motor vehicle abstract from the Provincial Motor Vehicle Office
- Copies of any additional certificates for other qualifications as presented in the resume
Those candidates chosen to participate in the selection process will be required to undergo rigorous physical fitness and medical evaluations at their own expense. Candidates who are successful in the preliminary evaluation will be required to attend a 5- to 7-week, full-time, intensive training session at the Saint John Fire Service Training Centre. Candidates must make themselves available for all prescheduled components of the selection process. Successful candidates must also complete a 12-month probationary period before qualifying for the HRFF list.