Gathering as a community of neighbours and friends just got easier with the City of Saint John Community Block Party Trailer.
The Community Block Party Trailer was created for the entire community to share and is available for Saint John residents to reserve and use to host neighbourhood events. It encourages social engagement, recreation and community pride.
The trailer comes fully equipped with everything needed to host the ultimate block party including a barbecue, sound system, tables, chairs, coolers, games and more – all conveniently packed and delivered, free of charge.
Reservation requests are approved based on availability and on a first-come, first-served basis with preference given to neighbourhoods that are reserving for the first time.
Looking for more details? Check out frequently asked questions.
Want to know what's included in the trailer? Check out the amenity list.
Available for reservations in spring 2024.
When you make a reservation, you become the Event Host. As the Event Host, you are responsible for the trailer and its contents for the duration of your reservation. Once you've submitted your online reservation request, a City of Saint John employee will review it and reach out to you within three business days to discuss your event.
The City of Saint John reserves the right to revoke access and/or cancel an event up to and including the day of the event or at any time during an event.
- Event Host users are responsible for the safe use of the equipment.
- Event Hosts are responsible for cleanup after the event. This includes:
- Disposing of all recyclables and trash.
- Wiping down tables, chairs, and other equipment.
- Reloading supplies back into the trailer according to the instructions on the Inventory Checklist.
- Locking the trailer once the clean up and inventory check have been completed.
- The Event Host must ensure the trailer is ready for pick up at the designated time. Please ensure the area in front of the trailer and the hitch remain clear.
As a note, City of Saint John employees accompany the trailer to all reservations.
The primary purpose of the trailer is to enhance events that celebrate community and bring residents, neighbours and friends together. It supports Common Council's priority to be a welcoming community with offerings that strengthen neighbourhoods, cultivate community pride and foster inclusion and diversity.
The trailer is not available for commercial use.
The trailer is not available for private functions (ie weddings, birthdays, staff parties, house parties, etc.)
The trailer is not intended to support causes, campaigns or special interest initiatives. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
In other words, the Community Block Party Trailer events must benefit the community residents, not the event host.
Community groups may only reserve the trailer once a year.
There is a 4 hour maximum booking time allowed between the hours of (9am to 7:30pm)
Reservations must take place within the City of Saint John limits.
- Complete the Community Block Party Trailer Reservation Request form online. The reservation process begins once the request is submitted.
- Reservation requests are approved based on availability and on a first-come, first-served basis with preference given to neighbourhoods that are reserving for the first time.
- Applicants will be notified once the reservation request is approved or denied. A reservation is not confirmed until staff have responded with a confirmation.