Handi-Bus Service, operated by Independence Plus Inc., a non-profit organization, provides transportation to people with physical disabilities who are unable to use regular public transportation.
Hours of Operation
|Monday, Wednesday, Friday||7 a.m. – 7 p.m.|
|Tuesday, Thursday||7 a.m. – 9 p.m.|
|Saturday||10:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.|
HandiBus service is available for all Sea Dogs games.
|Within city limits||$5.00 each way|
|Pass for 10 rides||$45.00|
|Pass for 20 rides||$80.00|
|Private bookings||$75 per hour|
There is no charge for an attendant traveling with the passenger.
To book a ride, cancel a ride (at least 60 minutes notice required), or ask questions, call 506-648-0609.
- Please be ready 5 minutes before your scheduled pick up. Drivers can only wait for 3 minutes.
- Drivers can’t enter the residence of passengers or assist in carrying wheelchairs.
- Handi-Bus passengers requiring assistance should make arrangements with an attendant prior to their pickup to ensure they can get on the bus safely.
- Failure to cancel, or being late, will result in a full fee charge. After three ‘no shows’, passengers may be suspended from using the Handi-Bus service.
- Regularly scheduled passengers who will not require service for a period of time must call one week in advance to reschedule.
- Service dogs are the only animals permitted on the bus and they must be on a leash.