SJTRides is a free mobile payment app for Android and iOS devices that allows you to purchase Saint John Transit tickets and passes directly from your smartphone or mobile device. It’s fast and easy. Simply download the app and purchase your fares any time, anywhere!
Visit the AppStore or Google Play to download SJTRides
To use the app, users purchase their desired ticket or pass. When they are ready to board the bus, they activate the ticket and place the screen against the SJTRides validator, available on all Saint John Transit buses.
Riders who use the SJTRides app will see a five percent (5%) discount on their fare.
SJTRides accepts purchases using Visa Credit/Visa Debit and Mastercard Credit/Mastercard Debit cards.
Passengers can still purchase paper tickets and passes at a vendor partner, or use cash fare (exact change only).
How to use SJTRides
SJTRides Mobile eTicket Rules and Tips
- Once activated, a single use eTicket (1-ride pass), will time out and be removed from your app after 15 minutes (the activation window), and you will no longer be able to use it. Tickets that are activated too early will not be replaced.
- Multi-use tickets (10-Ride Transcards and 31-Day Monthly passes) will remain active for the full time period the fare allows. After being used, the ticket may be closed, and the ticket bar on the home screen will now say “SHOW” to indicate you have an active ticket that can be reused.
- You must scan your mobile eTicket from within the SJTRides app. Screen shots and video recordings will not be accepted.
- All mobile eTickets will expire whether they are used or not. 1-ride and 1-day passes expire after 90 days, and 20-ride and 30-day passes expire after 180 days.
- Please check for holiday or other limited schedule service prior to purchasing or activating a ticket.
- By purchasing and using mobile eTickets, you are agreeing to the ticket rules. SJTRides eTickets are not refundable. Please see Saint John Transit’s full Terms and Conditions for more details.